This workshop will bring basic biologists and clinicians in hematology and microfluidics engineers together to discuss the challenges, brainstorm the provocative questions, and foster the interaction between basic research, clinical application, and engineering.
The topics to be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Microfluidic blood cell sorting,
- Microfluidic systems for multiplex
- Multi-parameter characterization of blood cells,
- Mechanobiology of blood cells in health and disease
- Leukocyte migration and rolling assay
- Thrombosis assay and anti-coagulation drug test
- Blood-endothelium interaction
- Hematopoietic stem cell fate control and differentiation
- Bone marrow niche modeling
- Diagnosis and treatment of hematologic malignancies
- Cell-based immunotherapy
- And more!