The MicroTAS Conference is pleased to announce the Microfluidics on Glass Award, sponsored by IMT Masken und Teilungen AG of Switzerland, to recognize an individual who has demonstrated exceptional technical advancement and innovation in the field of microfluidics or nanofluidics by using glass in a key aspect of their device. Pioneering research advances in the device design, materials integration, and fabrication often drive new sensing capabilities, expanding the positive impact of nano/microfluidic technologies.
To be relevant to the spirit and intent of this Microfluidics on Glass Award, the advancement considered must address at least one of the following:
• Use glass as a substrate material for a nano/microfluidic device where the unique optical, electrical, or surface properties of glass provide a profound advantage,
• Demonstrate novel biosensing capabilities,
• Exhibit hybridisation of glass with other materials (composites),
• Establish design for manufacturability with materials and processes that have the potential to be scaled up through transfer to industry.
Finalists and the Awardee will be selected from among the µTAS Poster Presentations by an international jury of respected researchers in the field of µTAS.
Microfluidics on Glass Award Guidelines
• Nominee must be an author/co-author of an accepted MicroTAS abstract.
• Nominee must be a registered attendee of MicroTAS conference. To nominate, you will need the Abstract/Manuscript Number of the nominee’s relevant device.
• Any author submitting an abstract and attending MicroTAS may be nominated.
• The device MUST appear in the final presentation of work at MicroTAS .
• An author of the device must be physically present to receive the award.
• Self-nominations accepted.
• Only one (1) device from each nominee will be considered during deliberations.
• A €2,500 Honorarium
• A commemorative Award Plaque
• Formal recognition at μTAS (MicroTAS)
• IMT is pleased to announce an interest in engaging with and further advancing the Awardee’s research, if deemed feasible by both parties.
Microfluidics on Glass Award Selection Process
A pool of Finalists and the Awardee will be selected from among the accepted Poster Presentations by an international jury of respected researchers in the field of µTAS.